Annoying Yoast SEO Updated message

Home Forums Web Hosting Forum Annoying Yoast SEO Updated message

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Keith Taylor 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Foodary Helpdesk
    Participant
    Ŧollars: Ŧ -11.15

I keep seeing the admin message:
    Yoast SEO has been updated to version 3.2.4. Click here to find out what's new!
    If I dismiss it, it just comes back whenever I move to a new page, or if I refresh my current page.

I checked the plugin version, and the Changelog for v3.2.4 says:

Release date: April 28th, 2016

Bugfixes:
    Fixes a regression where the post URL would be numerical when no post title was set.
    Fixes an issue that would cause notifications not to be dismissed even though they should be.

It clearly doesn’t fix that bug! 😥

Is there anything I can do to get rid of this annoying Yoast messages?

Keith Taylor
    Keymaster
    Ŧollars: Ŧ 1 ,161.56

It looks like Yoast SEO notification messages are annoying more than just you and I!

I googled hide yoast admin notices and among many results, I found the very useful WordPress plugin: Yoast SEO Disable Notifications. That’s an archive link, so future visitors might like to see if there are any updates to that plugin.

Note that, though it is described as a Multi User plugin it works on normal single site WordPress as well as MultiSite. I’ve started adding it to all my websites. For those who just want the snippet for Code Snippets or Functionality, just copy and paste:

add_action('admin_init', 'wpc_disable_yoast_notifications');
    function wpc_disable_yoast_notifications() {
      if (is_plugin_active('wordpress-seo/wp-seo.php')) {
        remove_action('admin_notices', array(Yoast_Notification_Center::get(), 'display_notifications'));
        remove_action('all_admin_notices', array(Yoast_Notification_Center::get(), 'display_notifications'));
      }
    }

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.