Main Website Health Check May 5th 2016

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Foodary Helpdesk 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Keith Taylor
    Keymaster
    Ŧollars: Ŧ 1 ,168.05

Safety Checks:
    WordPress Version: 4.5.1. (Updated from 4.5.)
    WordPress Plugins: All now up-to-date (Wordfence Security updated 6.1.4 to 6.1.5, Yoast SEO updated 3.2.3 to 3.2.4, Inline Google Spreadsheet Viewer update issue still to resolve)
    WordPress Themes: All up-to-date (2 old unused themes deleted)
    Spam Comments: N/A (site disallows anonymous comments)
    Security Issues: Currently, we haven’t detected any security issues with your site’s content.
    Manual Actions: No manual webspam actions found.

Speed Checks:
    No speed tests included in this health check.

Success Checks:
    Search Analytics: Favorable audience increase reported, but visible pages down 9% (stats update only) [1]
    Sitemaps: No errors or warnings
    Crawl Errors: 1 Temporary 524 error marked as fixed. Old sitemap URLs redirected. One bad link from dom.webslookup.com marked as fixed for now (to block if recurs).
    404 Redirection: Installed WordPress Plugin Favicon by RealFaviconGenerator to avoid apple-touch.png errors.
    Blocked Resources: inline-google-spreadsheet-viewer/inline-gdocs-viewer.js allowed in robots.txt & 4 affected pages resubmitted.
    Mobile Usability: Still showing warnings for 7 pages despite theme change. Rechecked, and 7 pages resubmitted.
    HTML Improvements: 1 Short meta description reported [2]

Notes

1. Fluctuations in visible pages are expected, but generally this is an early indication that content needs to be reviewed. You can monitor this in detail in Google Search Console. Alternatively, I can report those pages which have been dropped from search engine results, together with any pages where audiences is falling significantly. This is a monthly service costing $20 per month, or $200 per year if paid annually. If you prefer to monitor it yourself, I offer unlimited free support in this forum.
    2. The missing description is from the home page. You can add it using Admin-SEO-Titles & Metas-Homepage. However, given the maturity of your website, I recommend you create a fixed Home page. This allows you to promote your most rewarding content, plus any potential rewarding content that needs more exposure. Again, if you need help with this, just start a new topic in the main web hosting forum.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Keith Taylor. Reason: Missed Mobile Usability :(

Foodary Helpdesk
    Participant
    Ŧollars: Ŧ -11.15

Thank you for this valuable info. In response to your notes:

1. I’m very interested in the monthly reporting service. It would be nice to have a list of current pages that need reviewing, and a list of topics for new posts. Does your service provide this? Will your report tell me which pages have prompted new topic suggestions, so I can link related topics?

2. I agree that I will add a new front page to introduce my website. From my Google Analytics data, I see that my home page only gets 1.29% of my website traffic. Is this normal?

Foodary Helpdesk
    Participant
    Ŧollars: Ŧ -11.15

Thanks for the private reply to Note 1. That’s a lot to think about, so I’ll get back to you soon when I’ve thought through the next phase of my website development.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.