Transfer PROSPRA Task Manager Website

Home Forums Web Hosting Forum Web Business Projects Transfer PROSPRA Task Manager Website

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Keith Taylor 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

PROSPRA Projects
    Participant
    Ŧollars: Ŧ -0.24

I’d like to start a project for moving my website into Keith Taylor’s managed WordPress community.

PROSPRA.com is currently a standalone website, but I’d like to save some admin time by letting you manage security and speed. It’s not a developed site, so content is expendable, and layout can change if necessary. I need a forum, but no plans for eCommerce at the moment.

This is not a high priority project, so my time is limited to a few hours a month (one or two half-days).

What additional information do you need for me to start a project to move my website?

Keith Taylor
    Keymaster
    Ŧollars: Ŧ 1 ,161.56

Hi PROSPRA,

I have moved your reply to a new topic, to make it easier to find. I’m not quite ready to start this as a new project yet, as I need to clarify something first:

You have some existing content regarding current projects. This is:

• Projects for website reorganization, set up in WordPress Plugin Project Panorama Lite.
    • Tasks set up in WordPress Plugin Cleverness To-Do List
    • Summary Page showing status of these projects and tasks

You can either delete this content, or summarize it on standard WordPress post(s). I’m ignoring the option to transfer the plugins and data, as those plugins are no longer required. I understand that you feel content is expendable, but there is some useful content within the pages I’ve listed. In particular, the information regarding management of community-driven content.

It seems that this information is not strictly relevant to the PROSPRA techniques. However, it would be useful for people who are managing community websites. In particular, I feel that a tool, or methodology for using community-sourced content to drive website traffic is very relevant to Shrewdies Web Business advice.

I suggest that we investigate the current website traffic related to this content. Then summarize what is relevant to PROSPRA, and what is relevant to Shrewdies. We then create a new post on PROSPRA with redirects from the content that will disappear without the plugins. I will adapt the forum-related advice to add to relevant Shrewdies guidance.

If this is right for you, please suggest a Purpose Statement for the project to transfer PROSPRA website. Then, I’ll create a new project here, and we can get started. Don’t worry too much about wording the Purpose Statement, as it’s likely to change as we refine the planning stages. You can get an idea from a similar project: http://shrewdies.net/forums/topic/feasibility-of-shrewdies-com-import/

PROSPRA Projects
    Participant

It’s this kind of waffle that turns people off.

For PROSPRA to work in a forum, and for forums to be successful in general, responses have to be short.

Short response
    Short sentences
    Short words.

Find a way to plan responses better. Write them off-line. If more than two paragraphs, hone them into an article. Post short answers with links to extra information.

Before posting, double-check meaning is clear and answers the question.
    Resist the urge to add extra info.
    Ensure it’s obvious what to do next.

Keith Taylor
    Keymaster

Fair comment!

So do we just get on with the forum move? Then you can teach me some brevity as I reduce your WordPress admin burden.

PROSPRA Projects
    Participant

Yes, let’s just move it.

It’s been so long since we started (my fault) that the search engines have stopped coming 😥
    I’ll start again on the new platform with general WordPress stuff. Forget the projects.

The community-related content was far from finished. Anyway, the start was wrong:

Clarification of Community Role
    There are 2 Roles:
    1. Solve personal customer issues.
    2. Feedback to improve guidelines.

What about Leads!? Maybe we should start a new discussion on this after my website move.

PROSPRA Projects
    Participant

I got your text. Yes, it’s OK to delete those old project files. Sorry, I should have done it before I posted.

Keith Taylor
    Keymaster

I’m on it!

Weird, but I seem to be missing alternate update notifications from the forum.

Anyone else got this issue with bbPress-Slack?

Keith Taylor
    Keymaster

OOps! Off-topic. See what happens when you rush me! Never mind. We’re all learning.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.