It’s a navigation tool for WordPress web sites that helps visitors find relevant content quickly, and helps administrators see the important tasks and click straight to them.
- Efficient Promotion: Attract traffic to your most rewarding content.
- Efficient Administration: Relevant key tasks highlighted for admins, e.g. comments to moderate.
- Efficient Contribution: Relevant key tasks for contributors, e.g. latest contributions, and live discussions list. Integrates with shrewdChat and easily extended to other forum/discussion formats.
- Efficient Visitor Optimization: Relevant key information for visitors, e.g. bookmarked posts and top content lists.
- Efficient SEO: Your key content gets the links that make search engines love you.
- Efficient Browsing: Login, logout and key pages where you can find them quickly – fixed anywhere on the page or on the screen.
- Easy installation with look ‘n’ feel customization (skinning planned for future versions).
- Easy to change menu lists.
- Tidy install & uninstall routines leave WordPress database clutter-free.
- Excellent learning tool for Pods package developers.
Why Is It Shrewd
Everything at shrewdies has to be shrewd, or on it’s way to shrewdness. The toolbar / menubar / linksbar (call it what you will) is designed to make you more efficient as a webmaster, and give your visitors an efficient way to navigate your content.
What’s another word for efficient?
- Main Entry:
- Part of Speech:
- adept, effective
- able, accomplished, active, adapted, adequate, apt, businesslike, capable, clever, competent, conducive, decisive, deft, dynamic, economic, economical, effectual, efficacious, energetic, equal to, experienced, expert, familiar with, fitted, good at, good for, handy, masterly, organized, potent, powerful, practiced, productive, proficient, profitable, qualified, ready, saving, shrewd, skilled, skillful, systematic, talented, tough, useful, valuable, virtuous, well-organized
That’s why its called shrewdBar.
- Version 1
- Proof of concept. January-February 2010. Pods application to copy & paste into theme. Basis for Pods tutorials and gain developer feedback.
- Version 2
- Internal testing & feature review. February – March 2010. Install to all shrewdies sites and gain visitor feedback.
- Version 3
- Public Release. Make available as WordPress plugin or Pods package, as determined by discussion of distribution methods and version control for Pods.
For questions or discussions, please see the WordPress Functionality Forum.